"What men call knowledge is the reasoned acceptance of false appearances. Wisdom looks behind the veil and sees."
The principles of creation comprise the body of inbuilt conditions of [manifest] reality which serve as the governing dynamics for consequences of the behavior of beings who possess the capacity for understanding them. A root causal factor for the current state of humanity and our reality is that most humans are unaware of these principles.
When we are aware of, understand and live in accordance with the principles of creation, we can evolve from the consciousness-regressive cycle in which we currently find ourselves, [back] into a consciousness-progressive cycle of [consciousness] evolution. When we are unaware of, or ignore and do not live in harmony with these principles, we are giving consciousness-regressive beings permission to use them "against" us in ways that advance their progress on the consciousness-regressive (service-to-self) cycle of evolution.
Because humanity as a whole does not live in accordance with these principles, we are currently ensnared in a consciousness-regressive cycle. Were the human collective to embody and live in harmony with these principles, we would (re)gain our freedom to express and co-create as fully-sovereign, higher-order and ultimately, higher-density consciousness-progressive beings in this reality... and beyond.
To live in harmony with the principles of creation is to exist and co-create in a free-flowing, consciousness-progressive (service-to-others) state of societal order. Living in opposition to the principles and not taking full responsibility for our choices of action and their consequences—whether wittingly or unwittingly—has mired humanity in low-level, consciousness-regressive behaviors and conditions and in a self-destructive state of societal chaos, clearly evinced within every area of "modern" society.
THE 7 PRINCIPLES OF CREATION AT A GLANCE
The principles of creation express through seven foundational precepts, plus an eighth which binds the other seven to each other as one "movement" in consciousness. These principles comprise a Master Key which opens the door to self-mastery of the mind-body complex and thus, Core-Self embodiment:
1. The Principle of Mentalism: Consciousness is Mind. All creations begin with a thought; thoughts lead to the manifestation of things and events. Our thoughts create our conditions of existence and quality of experience in this reality and we are responsible for them. To accept responsibility for everything we create is to become consciously aware and attain mastery of our thoughts.
2. The Principle of Correspondence: That which is Above is like to that which is Below; that which is Below is like to that which is Above. [Manifest] reality is holographic and self-similar across all scales.
The Macrocosm (the very large; the totality) and the Microcosm (the very small; the individual expressions which comprise the totality) are each reflections of the other. Everything is a self-contained holographic extension of the whole of consciousness.
To know the workings of the microcosm is to come to know the workings of the macrocosm, and vice versa. Reality is both fractal and holographic.
3. The Principle of Vibration: Everything moves and vibrates; nothing is at rest. At the most fundamental level, consciousness comprises vital, vibratory energy manifesting pure [creational] potential in different ways. Matter is energy in a state of vibratory motion; there is no "solidity," as such.
4. The Principle of Polarity: Everything is dual in nature. Everything has its poles, its seemingly opposing pair of complements. Complements are the two extremes of one thing, identical in nature, but differing in degree. Thus, all seeming paradoxes are reconcilable.
5. The Principle of Rhythm: Everything has its tides which flow in and out. All things rise and fall; the pendulum swing is inherent. Rhythm compensates—the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left.
6. The Principle of Cause and Effect: Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause. Everything happens according to the principles of creation and nothing escapes them. Chance is but a name for the principles not recognized. The Plane of Causality holds all power to affect change.
7. The Principle of Gender: Gender [simply] is. Masculine and feminine principles are inherent in everything. Gender manifests on all planes.
Mental gender comprises the co-existence of masculine aspects (largely left-brain processes) and feminine aspects (largely right-brain processes) of the mind.
8. The Generative Principle: This "lost" principle is the dynamic of true care driven by real love—the Seed of Life. What we truly care about is the driving force behind our thoughts and actions. It is the ultimate generator of the quality of our experience and reveals itself by way of those things in which we invest our energetic currencies—our time and attention—on a day-in, day-out basis.
FUNDAMENTAL TRUTH OR ANCIENT FABLE?
There are many people who are aware of, but think the principles of creation don't actually "exist". They choose not to accept the knowledge that consciousness intelligently restructures itself via events that offset imbalances within itself.
Quantum physics shows us that the principles of creation, including this intelligent, self balancing process do indeed exist. In certain religious and spiritual traditions, this balancing is referred to as karma.
In the field of physics, quantum mechanics refers to this balancing as quantum entanglement. Replicable experiments in consciousness have evidenced this when certain actions or vibratory frequencies are displayed to DNA.
The principles of creation operate across vast "distances" instantaneously, affect living matter and intelligently reorder the field of energy that comprises everything to bring us the experiences we most need in order to learn what we really are and, for those who so choose, to participate in and continue evolving to ever-higher levels of consciousness-progressive cycles of evolution.
These principles are evidenced through scientific understandings in the modern world, proven through painstaking experimentation that is repeatable and demonstrable. But word of this scientific understanding hasn't gotten out to the many.
If you're interested in acquiring a deeper understanding of each principle, how they play out in your life and how to work with them to advance your self-mastery / awakening journey progress, I invite you to watch my video commentary, 7 Principles of Creation and How to Use Them to Progress on Your Awakening Journey.
The principles as outlined herein are based in my understanding of those laid out in The Kybalion, which provides overviews of each of the seven principles, as well as devoting a full chapter to each so that one can study, contemplate and fully investigate them toward attaining a deeper understanding of them and ultimately living in accordance with them.
First published in 1912, The Kybalion was written anonymously in 1908 by a person or persons under the pseudonym of "Three Initiates." The principles delineated therein relate the essence of the teachings of Hermes Trismegistus which underlie Hermeticism.
Although I do not adhere or confine my consciousness to any belief system, ideology or dogma, The Kybalion, from my perspective, most clearly and concisely delineates the principles, as opposed to various new age or other spiritual community-based groups and individuals who have distorted their fullest meaning, context and significance.